Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Jimmy Saffron - August 9, 2006

1. Lennon, John – “God,” from John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band

This song contains the line “I don’t believe/in Hitler.” If I were Bill O’Reilly, I’d cherry pick that quote and then ask if that meant John Lennon was a holocaust denier. Then I’d welcome special guest Paul McCartney to “help me wrap my head around this disturbing question.” Then I’d call Lennon a coward for not coming on my show to defend his statement.

Luckily I’m not Bill O’Reilly.

I’m Brit Hume, bitch.

2. Wilco – “Red-Eyed, and Blue,” from Being There (Disc 1)

Jeff Tweedy does his best Westerberg here. His “Besterberg,” if you will.

Oh, you will.

3. Big Joe Williams– “Shaggy Hound Blues,” from Absolutely The Best

I heard Money magazine put this song at #45 on their “Top 100 songs to Commit White-Collar Crime To” list.

#1 was “Carolina on My Mind,” predictably enough.

None of the above is not false.

4. Wilco – “At Least That’s What You Said (Live),” from 11/10/04 Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA - bootleg

I heard Kofi Annan came on stage to play the guitar solo in this song.

Rip it, Kof. Rip that guitar a new one. Yeah, mutha!



5. Creedence Clearwater Revival – “Green River” from Chronicle Vol.1

Show me a record collection that doesn’t contain this record and I’ll show you this mole by my elbow. See it? Yeah, right there. Think I should get that checked out?

6. And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead – “Relative Ways,” from Source Tags and Codes

Never has a band so scarily named been so not scary. Except maybe The Insane Clown Posse. Speaking of--

7. cLOUDDEAD – “Pop Song,” from Ten

True or false, Mixees:

Insane Clown Posse + Angelo Badalamenti = Clouddead?

8. Red House Painters – “Cabezon,” from Ocean Beach

I have a friend who, just before making sweet love to a young woman, put on some Red House Painters to set the mood. Right away the girl asked that he play something else. “I used to date Mark Kozelek,” she explained, “and well, it’s just hard to hear his music now.”

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me, only with Kofi Annan.

9. Nilsson, Harry – “Mr. Bojangles,” from Harry

Man, Nilsson. I love him. Saffron/Nilsson in the ’06.

10. Luna – “Beautiful View,” from Pup Tent

I think if Luna ever had a chance at a hit single, it was with this song. That said, I never, ever heard them play it live. Why was that? Were they ashamed? Disappointed? These are the questions that keep me up at night. Not, “what can I do to resolve the crisis in Lebanon,” or anything like that. Speaking of Lebanon, I’m tired. Good night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Saffron said...

I sense that you're kidding about none of that.

In which case, awesome. Glad Donahue got a beautiful view all his own.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your reidocracy.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home